About Active Health Solutions
What Sets Us Apart...
ACTIVE HEALTH SOLUTIONS uses the most current evidence-based protocols and techniques to functionally assess and treat patients with neuromusculoskeletal conditions (disorders of the nerves, joints, and muscles). With extensive hours in post-graduate education and coursework, the doctors at Active Health Solutions have a variety of treatment methods which allows them the ability to individually customize the treatment for each patient. This unique approach and extensive post-graduate work sets Active Health Solutions apart from other clinics.
Meet The Doctors
Our doctors are excited to provide the Prairie Village, Overland Park, Leawood and surrounding Kansas City area with the latest in cutting edge chiropractic care and rehabilitation therapy to help patients improve their lives! Read below for more information on each chiropractor.
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Kansas State University
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Graduating Cum Laude
- 650+ hrs in continuing education outside of school work including:chiropractic medicine, physiotherapy, neurology, developmental kinesiology, soft tissue techniques, sports performance, and nutrition.
- Has been certified by:
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Graston Level 1
- Kinetacore and Synergistic Advanced Dry Needling (Level 1, 2, Pelvic Floor and Advanced Therapeutics)
- Motion Palpation Institute - Full-Body Treatments
- Central Institute for Human Performance - TMJ/TMD Treatment
- Central Institute for Human Performance - Building the Ultimate Back
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
- Candidate for Diplomate status in the American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board
- Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Kentucky University
- Master of Science degree from University of Texas-Arlington
- Magna Cum Laude graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Over 700 hours of continuing education and post-graduate work in the areas of chiropractic medicine, advanced adjusting techniques, rehabilitation, pain neurology, developmental kinesiology, soft tissue techniques, TMJ treatment, sports performance and nutrition.
- Candidate for Diplomate status in the American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board.
- TMJ certified
- McKenzie Method trained (A, B, & C courses)
- Dynamic Nueromuscular Stabilization trained (A, B courses)
- Active Release Techniques trained (upper extremity, lower extremity, nerve entrapments)
- Graston therapy certified
- Level 1 Crossfit Coach
- US Olympic Weightlifting certified coach
- Dry Needling Certified by Synergistic
- Motion Palpation Institute certified for spine and extremity treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you do?
- How are you different from most chiropractors?
- Why should I go to you instead of my medical doctor for my joint or muscle pain?
- What if I don't want to be adjusted?
- Once you go to a chiropractor, do you have to go all the time or forever?
- What can I expect on my first visit?
- Are X-rays required?
- Is it safe for me to get treated if I'm pregnant?
- Can children be helped with chiropractic treatment?
- Do you take insurance?
- How much education is required to become a doctor of Chiropractic?
- Do chiropractors work with medical doctors or other specialists?
What do you do?
While the doctors at AHS are classically trained as chiropractors, they have extensive training and post-graduate education in the areas of functional rehabilitation, soft tissue methods, nutrition, physiotherapy, etc. This training allows the doctors to effectively and efficiently treat almost any neuromusculoskeletal condition in the head, neck, back, arms or legs. We are happy to help our patients in the Prairie Village, Overland Park and greater Kansas City metro area. For more information on services provided at AHS, click here.Back To Top
How are you different from most chiropractors?
All chiropractors are not the same. Most chiropractors only adjust, which limits what they can effectively treat as well as their results. Drs. Cotter and Remsburg have extensive post graduate training which allows them to treat almost all neuromuscular conditions and obtain results faster.Back To Top
Why should I go to you instead of my medical doctor for my joint or muscle pain?
While medical doctors help with many problems/diagnosis, most do not have much training in the conservative treatment of joint or muscle pain. If the doctors at AHS think you can be more effectively treated by a medical doctor, they will refer you to the appropriate one.Back To Top
What if I don't want to be adjusted?
Adjusting is not essential for every patient. In fact, several of our patients are never adjusted. If poor joint movement is a contributor to your pain, there are other options besides adjusting, such as gentle mobilizations. Discuss your concerns with the doctor and he will discuss options and come up with a treatment plan that works for you. .Back To Top
Once you go to a chiropractor, do you have to go all the time or forever?
Not at Active Health Solutions. While several visits may be needed to correct the underlying problem, our focus is to empower the patient to have them treat their own pain, rather than relying on physician care.Back To Top
What can I expect on my first visit?
Your doctor will watch you perform various activities such as walking, stepping off a step, standing on one leg, reaching overhead and others. You may be asked to perform some simple exercises to see how your body stabilizes. The doctor will also extensively assess your joints and muscles to find which ones may need treatment. After discussing what was found on the examination, treatment options will be discussed. If we do not think we can help you or that you will benefit from another specialist, we will refer you to the appropriate one. Due to the type of activities during the first visit, please bring athletic attire (shorts or sweatpants, t-shirt or tank top).Back To Top
Are X-rays required?
No, the vast majority of our patients are not x-rayed. We only send patients for an x-ray when we suspect a fracture, severe degeneration or possible pathology.Back To Top
Is it safe for me to get treated if I'm pregnant?
Absolutely. In fact, due to various changes in the body during pregnancy, many pregnant women develop low back pain. If this applies to you, our doctors will develop a treatment plan to effectively and safely treat your pain.Back To Top
Can children be helped with chiropractic treatment?
Oftentimes, chiropractic treatment is beneficial for children/infants as well as adults. Children usually require fewer treatments.Back To Top
Do you take insurance?
We work with all insurance providers. Once we obtain your information, we will discuss what is covered by your insurance.Back To Top
How much education is required to become a doctor of Chiropractic?
Four years of chiropractic college is required after completing specific undergraduate requirements. The chiropractic college classes are very similar to medical school, however, the chiropractic student will spend more time on anatomy, nutrition and chiropractic technique whereas the medical student will spend more time on pathology and pharmacology.Back To Top
Do chiropractors work with medical doctors or other specialists?
Yes, the doctors at Active Health Solutions work with many health specialists in order to provide the best possible care for each patient. We pride ourselves on receiving various referrals from MDs and will refer the patient back once treatment is completed.Back To Top